Online Marketing Statistics and Benefits.
Between 85% – 96% of all local customers research a business online before contacting or buying from them.
Print Circulation is down7 million in the last 25 years, while in the last 5 years online news publication is up 30 million.
This year traditional media advertising is down by the following numbers:
- Newspaper: -18.7%
- Television: -10.1%
- Radio: -11.7%
- Magazine: -14.8%
However, online advertising is up by 9.2% and mobile advertising by 18.1%
- Bloomberg reports that online advertising spending has surpassed print advertising this year. For the first time Print advertising will only comprise of 30% of advertising budgets, while digital advertising will make up 33%. That means $119.6 Billion will be spent online, vs. $111.5 Billion will be spent on print.
- All online advertising is trackable and targeted – you know if it is effective or not. Whereas with offline ads, the advertising generally is broadly targeted, not trackable, and more expensive!
- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and MySpace – in that order, have been found to be very effective marketing tools by businesses this year. In fact Dell released figures stating that they have made an extra $3 Million since 2007 just from twitter posts.
- According to Outsell’s online marketing study, of current marketing tools, websites generate the highest ROI followed by conferences and exhibitions.
- Finally, cross-media marketing efforts (e.g. combining offline and online advertising) have been found to be the most effective. 78% of businesses combine two or three marketing methods to maximize effectiveness.